Remember FLAGS when at the beach
F-ind the red and yellow flags and swim between them.
L–ook at the safety signs.
A–sk a lifeguard for advice.
G–et a friend to swim with you.
S–tick your hand in the air and shout for help if in difficulty.
- Do swim between the Red over Yellow flags
- Don’t swim when the Red flag is flying
- Listen to your LIFEGUARD and ask advice
- Don’t take inflatables into the sea, you could be carried away by wind & tide
- Don’t swim for at least an hour after meals
- Don’t swim after drinking alcohol
- Don’t swim alone or when cold